Connected notes are powerfulconnecting ideas is powerful* encourages you to revisit old ideas and improves learning.
* helps you discover new ideas through connections.
* allows you to reuse your ideas in a different context.
notes/the brain is a network of ideas. They allow you to expand upon different ideas within its own context and make it easy reusereusing components is more efficientso we don't need to "reinvent the wheel"
related to reuse code for efficiency and maintainability notes.
There exists Obsidian publish but this service is gated by a paywall and is geared towards content creators. Sometimes we want to share a note (+ all the links within the note) without the hassle of setting up a website or paying a monthly fee. Some example use cases include:
- explaining a concept to a friend
- sharing notes for a particular class
- showcasing the coolness of your connected notes!
So in Fleeting Notes I added a sharing feature that makes it possible to share connected notes. The awesome part of this—and how it relates to Obsidian—is that Fleeting Notes can sync with ObsidianHow to Sync Fleeting Notes with ObsidianFleeting Notes is a separate network of notes outside of Obsidian. The goal of this plugin sync both these networks of notes into one! Below are step-by-step instructions on how to do this.
Also, checkout my youtube video if you like that format better.
Installation / Setup
1. Before you begin, you'll need to create an account in the Fleeting Notes App. You can do this by navigating to the settings and registering.
Fleeting Notes authentication form
1. Go to Settings > Community Plugin an through a plugin. With this you can have shared notes (in Fleeting Notes) that are also synced with your Obsidian vault.
Example of shared notes: https://my.fleetingnotes.app/?note=1b11a080-f7a4-11ec-a56d-898084d86b15