So you've built abut now you have some questions about connections like:
- Why do I want to connect notes?
- When do I create links or notes?
- How do I title notes?
In the next minute, I'll answer all of these questions and provide a process for creating and connecting notes. This workflow is heavily inspired by themethod.
Why do I want to?
- It allows us to:
- Reuse notes in different context
- Resurface past content which reinforces learning
- To get the most out of these connections, you'll need to create notes. In other words, notes that are short and specific to a topic.
Steps for building connections:
- As you write, when specific concepts stand out to you, create a connection for it.
- A good rule to follow is if you think you'll need it in the future, then create the note.
- Once you've identified you want to create that link, first search past links you've created and check if you've already created the link.
- If no links exist, create that link. Then populate the link with details of the concept and create a descriptive and concise title. We want to avoid generic titles like