Has there ever been a moment when you looked at an image - perhaps a screenshot or a photo - and wished you could just pluck the text from it, to save or share in your Fleeting Notes? Maybe it was an inspiring quote, a recipe, or a nugget of wisdom you wanted to hold onto. Well, good news for you, because now you can do just that!
With our OCR plugin, your Fleeting Notes now has a neat trick up its sleeve: Optical Character Recognition. This means it can see the text in your images and turn it into editable, shareable, and saveable content. How cool is that?
Here's how it works, broken down into a few easy steps:
- Get started: Begin by launching your Fleeting Notes app and logging into your account. Just like always.
- Add the OCR plugin: Go to the
official/ocr-sourceand in the alias field, type
image-to-text. Don't worry, it's not as complex as it sounds. This is just telling Fleeting Notes to add the superpower of seeing and understanding the text in your images.
option. In the command id field, type
- Choose your image: Now it's time to choose the image with the text you want to extract. It could be any image - a photo, a screenshot, or even an image URL. Just put it in the source field.
- Run the magic command: Type
/in the content field to run the
image-to-textcommand. This is the secret password to trigger Fleeting Notes' new superpower.
- Voila! Here's your text: Watch in awe as the text from your image is loaded into the content field, ready for you to edit, save, or share.
And there you have it - the ability to extract text from images, right in your Fleeting Notes app. It's a little bit like magic, isn't it? But really, it's just us doing our best to make Fleeting Notes as handy and versatile as possible for you.
By the way, checkout how toif you haven't already!