- Principle of Atomicity: Limit notes to a single topic for interoperabilityinteroperable components are efficientBecause interoperabile components are self-contained, they can be reused in different situations and are easily maintainable (changing one, updates all).
notes/reuse code for efficiency and maintainability
- See How to create useful linksHow to Create Useful Links with ZettelkastenThe linking feature of Zettelkasten is one of its most defining features, yet, it's the least understood. Linking ideas should be natural for us, but a lifetime of organization with the tree structure has made it difficult to adopt this new form of organization. To make links useful, we'll need to unlearn our old habits. This is an entire paradigm shift, so don't expect it to be easy.
Don't group things, connect them
The biggest mistake—and one I've made myself—is linking with categories. In o
- Principle of Connectivity: Connect information togetherconnecting ideas is powerful* encourages you to revisit old ideas and improves learning.
* helps you discover new ideas through connections.
* allows you to reuse your ideas in a different context.
notes/the brain is a network of ideas