It's time to grow ;)
- Open AI Integration, Image-to-text, Notion Integration, and other quality of life improvements are incoming!
- Looking for a cofounder to help me build a Obsidian Publish alternative for businesses
- I WANT TO GROW FLEETING NOTES and make a positive impact on this world
What's new and what's to come
I spent a lot more time than expected on getting this plugin functional command thing working. Thankfully it's almost through the door. Checkout the plugin repo for more info!
Released / In the next Release
- Plugin Functional Commands. This will unblock features like:
- Integration with Open AI and custom prompts: Setup custom prompts and use ChatGPT right within Fleeting Notes.
- OCR / Image-to-text: Take an image, share it to Fleeting Notes, then have the text within the image transcribed into text accessible within Obsidian.
- Send to... (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Github, Notion, etc.): Send directly to any service from a simple command all within Fleeting Notes.
- Sharing images + files into Fleeting Notes: Share images and files into Fleeting Notes on mobile devices.
- Changing phone orientation removes unsaved notes: Fixing this annoying bug
- Plus a few bug fixes and small quality of life improvements!
- Removing the save button: The save button has been around for a while and with features like auto-save it has become redundant and confusing.
- Share notes with other sources: Share text to other apps like how you'd do in other apps
- Global Shortcut Keys: Allows for users to open Fleeting Notes directly from the desktop through shortcut keys
For full details, on what I'm working on checkout the roadmap
Hello there! As the creator of Fleeting Notes, a note-taking app designed to capture bite-sized information into Obsidian, I'm on the hunt for a technical co-founder.
I envision us working parallelly. While I continue shaping Fleeting Notes, you'll be molding an innovative product—an Obsidian Publish alternative, tailored for businesses. When the time comes, we'll part ways as separate companies. Sounds exciting, right?
Here's the deal: You'll walk away with a whopping 90% of the company, with me retaining 10%. But what's more?
- Instant customer base: Starting with me and Fleeting Notes.
- Mentorship: You'll have a friend and mentor to navigate tricky waters.
- Knowledge Transfer: I'll offer my expertise and experience from growing Fleeting Notes.
- Implementation Ideas: I can lend my ideas for the solution if you're up for it.
- Technical help: I'll help with technical issues if they arise
Reinventing Documentation with an Obsidian Publish Alternative
Why take this path? It's simple, really. I'm a firm believer in the power of, and I see the potential to apply these concepts to business operations.
Our new venture is set to revolutionize business documentation:
- A centralized place in Obsidian for all your documentation needs.
- Harness Obsidian's powerful linking features.
- Share documents online directly from Obsidian.
- Fully customize the website's aesthetics with React.
- Backlinks on the website, even outside markdown files.
My MVP: linked-blog-starter
The proof of concept? I've already designed a custom solution, an MVP, for the Fleeting Notes website, called the linked-blog-starter. The best part? It's completely open source! Though my commitments with Fleeting Notes leave me little time for upkeep, the linked-blog-starter has thrived, growing organically, reinforcing my belief that it can open new avenues for Obsidian MD in businesses.
Let's Do This Together
Ready to join me on this thrilling ride? If yes, fill in this form and I'll reach out. Together, let's reshape how businesses manage documentation!
Personal Update: Looking to Grow
I want to share with you a project that I care about a lot - Fleeting Notes. It's not just another business to me. I'm building it because I want to stand on my own two feet, change the world in some way, and solve a problem that's been bothering me for a long time. I'm all in on Fleeting Notes and want to see it succeed.
I even applied to YCombinator, hoping they could help me make Fleeting Notes big. But I haven't heard back from them yet. This has made me realize that something like YCombinator isn't the silver bullet to growing Fleeting Notes. It's a journey that I'll have to embark on myself. And the more I work on my project, the more I understand that there's no secret formula for success
This makes me wonder: Do I need to get the word out more? Should I add AI to Fleeting Notes? Should I collect more data about users to make better decisions? Should I talk to customers more? Do I need to organize my work better? Am I even trying to reach the right people?
Above all, I ask myself: What should I be working on to help Fleeting Notes grow the most?
I see other people in tech making a big splash, especially with AI, and sometimes I worry. Am I missing out on something? It's scary to think I might be spending all my time on something people don't want or need.
This week, I didn't do much advertising. I played around with making some TikToks and finished up a new feature that I hope will attract more people.
Right now, I have 149 active subscribers. That's 2 more than last week, but 37 less than my goal of 186. I'm planning to do better next week and hope to have some good news to share in my next newsletter.
(+ 19 Subscribers from iOS App Store)