I wanted to create a website for Fleeting Notes that reflected the interconnected nature of Obsidian, with and interlinked blog posts. However, I struggled to find a platform that met all my requirements:
- Support for Obsidian's
![]syntax and other basic markdown
- Customization using ReactJS
- A straightforward publishing process.
That's why I built my own system using Next.JS and Tailwind CSS. My ultimate goal was to be able to publish my notes from an Obsidian Vault with a single command. I also wanted to make it easy for others to do the same, so I made the system open-source and available as a template.
- Notes are updated in your Obsidian Vault
- The Obsidian Git plugin pushes the notes to the remote repository. With the following command:
Obsidian Git: Create backup
- A github action is automatically triggered to deploy the notes using a specified template
Let me know if there are any questions below. I'd be happy to help set it up for you if you're interested. Click here to get started.